If you’re a fan of electronic dance music (EDM), you’ve likely heard of tech house. This genre of music combines elements of techno and house, resulting in a unique sound that’s perfect for the dancefloor. In this article, we’ll explore the world of tech house, highlighting the best tech house DJs, producers, and artists.
What is Tech House Music?
Tech house is a subgenre of house music that emerged in the early 1990s. It’s characterised by its use of techno-inspired beats and basslines, combined with the soulful vocals and melodic elements of house music. Tech house tracks typically have a tempo of around 125-135 bpm, making them perfect for the dancefloor.
Who is the Godfather of Tech House?
he term “tech house” was first used in the mid-1990s, but the genre’s roots go back even further. Many credit Carl Cox as the godfather of tech house, as he was one of the first DJs to incorporate elements of both techno and house into his sets. Cox has been a staple in the electronic music scene since the late 1980s and continues to produce and perform today.
Which DJs Play Tech House?
There are many DJs who play tech house, and the genre has seen a surge in popularity in recent years. Some of the biggest names in tech house include:
- Patrick Topping – This British DJ and producer have become a household name in the tech house scene, thanks to his infectious beats and high-energy performances.
- Green Velvet – Also known as Cajmere, Green Velvet has been producing and playing tech house for over 20 years. His signature sound is a mix of techno, house, and funk, and he’s known for his unforgettable live shows.
- CamelPhat – This Grammy-nominated duo from the UK has taken the tech house world by storm in recent years, with hits like “Cola” and “Panic Room.”
- Solomun – This Bosnian-German DJ and producer is known for his soulful, melodic take on tech house. He’s the founder of the influential label Diynamic Music and has performed at some of the world’s biggest festivals.
- Jamie Jones – This Welsh DJ and producer has been a fixture in the tech house scene since the early 2000s. He’s known for his infectious energy and his ability to blend different genres seamlessly.
Who is the Biggest Tech House DJ?
It’s difficult to determine who the “biggest” tech house DJ is, as the genre is constantly evolving and there are many talented artists making waves. However, some of the most popular tech house DJs in recent years include Patrick Topping, CamelPhat, and Solomun.
Best Tech House DJs and Producers
In addition to the DJs mentioned above, there are many other talented tech house producers and artists worth checking out. Some of the best tech house DJs and producers include:
- Maceo Plex – This American DJ and producer is known for his atmospheric, melodic take on tech house. He’s released music on labels like Crosstown Rebels and Ellum Audio and has performed at major festivals around the world.
- Hot Since 82 – This UK-based DJ and producer has been a mainstay in the tech house scene for over a decade. He’s released music on labels like Knee Deep In Sound and has performed at events like Coachella and Tomorrowland.
- Dennis Cruz – This Spanish DJ and producer is known for his deep, groovy take on tech house. He’s released music on labels like Solid Grooves and Moon Harbour and has performed at major clubs and festivals around the world.
- Mark Knight – This British DJ and producer has been a mainstay in the tech house scene for over a decade. He’s the founder of the influential label Toolroom Records and has released countless hits, including “Man with the Red Face” and “Your Love.” He’s also a regular at major festivals and clubs around the world, and his weekly radio show, Toolroom Radio, is a must-listen for tech house fans.
- Gorgon City – This UK-based duo is known for their unique blend of house, garage, and bass music. They’ve released chart-topping hits like “Ready For Your Love” and “Imagination” and have performed at major festivals like Coachella and Ultra Music Festival.
If you’re an aspiring tech house artist looking to make a name for yourself in the scene, we’re here to help. At our record label, we’re always on the lookout for fresh talent, and we’re committed to supporting up-and-coming artists in the industry. If you have a demo that you’d like us to hear, we encourage you to submit it through our website or via email. Our team of experienced A&R professionals will listen to your tracks and provide feedback to help you take your music to the next level. Who knows – you could be the next big thing in tech house!
Submit Your Demo
Get your music heard! We are always looking for new talent.