Small tech house record labels have played a significant role in the growth and development of house music over the years. These labels have a unique approach to music production, focusing on the roots of house music and its diverse origins. NOXU Deep, an independent record label established in 2017, is a perfect example. With a vision to bring back the story of house music’s beginnings and highlight the distinct sounds of various cities, NOXU Deep has made a name for itself in the industry. Their releases have gained the support of AAA-List DJs and reached multiple top 10 positions on Beatport and Traxsource.
In this article, we will delve into the world of small tech house record labels and answer some of the most common questions about them.
Some Notable Smaller Tech House Labels
There are several small tech house record labels that deserve recognition for their outstanding work in the industry. Some of these labels include:
- NOXU Deep
- Kaluki Records
- Dirtybird Records
- 8bit Records
- Moon Harbour Recordings
- Wyld Card Records
These labels are known for their commitment to quality music and for fostering emerging talent in the tech house scene.
How Much Do Small Record Labels Pay?
Most of the smaller tech house labels operate on a 50/50 split of royalties with their artists. This arrangement ensures that both the label and the artist benefit equally from the success of a release. Keep in mind that this percentage may vary depending on the label and the specific agreement in place.
How to Send a Demo to Smaller Record Labels
When sending your demo to small tech house record labels, it’s crucial to follow these steps:
- Research the label thoroughly and make sure your music aligns with their style and sound.
- Ensure your demo is professionally mixed and mastered, showcasing your best work.
- Write a personalized, concise email introducing yourself and your music.
- Include a private streaming link to your demo, preferably hosted on platforms like Soundcloud or Dropbox.
- Be patient and follow up professionally if you haven’t received a response within a reasonable timeframe.
Submit Your Demo to NOXU Deep
Are you an emerging tech house artist looking to make your mark in the industry? We at NOXU Deep are always on the lookout for fresh talent that aligns with our vision and sound. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of our story – send us your demo today!
Getting Signed to a Small Label
To get signed to a small tech house record label, you should:
- Create a strong online presence, including social media profiles and a personal website.
- Network with other artists, DJs, and label representatives in the industry.
- Attend music conferences, workshops, and events to expand your knowledge and connections.
- Collaborate with other artists and producers to grow your skills and create new opportunities.
- Send your demo to labels that fit your style and sound, following the tips mentioned above.
Benefits of Signing to a Small Label like NOXU Deep
Signing to a small label like NOXU Deep offers several advantages:
- Personalized attention and support from the label team.
- Greater artistic freedom and control over your music.
- Increased chances of building a loyal fan base due to the label’s niche focus.
- Opportunities to collaborate with like-minded artists and producers.
- Better chances of your music being heard by AAA-List DJs and reaching top positions on music charts.
Small tech house record labels like NOXU Deep are essential for upcoming artists. These labels offer emerging artists the opportunity to showcase their talent, receive personalized support, and collaborate with like-minded individuals. With the tips mentioned in this article, you can take the first steps towards getting your foot in the door of the tech house scene. Don’t forget to check out NOXU Deep’s releases and submit your demo to be part of their story!